
Former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, has dismissed a media report purportedly linking him to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) national convention.
In a statement signed by his media aide Kehinde Akinyemi and made available to newsmen in Abeokuta, yesterday, the former leader blamed the news on mischief makers and irresponsible journalism.
Obasanjo said he was at the Shehu Musa Yar’adua Centre, Abuja, on Friday for a programme on the invitation of the Commodities Association Stakeholders, tagged “Zero Hunger Nigeria.”
He said, “those who know me know that I have publicly announced my quitting partisan politics and those who will believe the purported story will believe anybody who tells him that his or her mother is not a woman.
“If I quit a party when it was alive and seemingly united, how could I go back to a now divided, factionalized party, grasping for breath?”
Obasanjo said the statement became imperative to “clear the minds of doubting Thomases and those behind the orchestrated news in circulation and particularly those who had been calling to ascertain what actually happened at the Shehu Musa Yar’adua centre is explained below.
The former leader further explained that some group of people came to greet him at the event and “at closer glance, he recognized them to be politicians and they exchanged pleasantries” saying after greeting him, they walked out again from the meeting. The former President said he even cracked jokes with them calling them “invaders and gate crashers.”
He said the programme ended and immediately he and his entourage headed back to Lagos. He was barely hours in Lagos when he started receiving calls from both far and near, wanting to find out about his presence at a political party programme in Abuja.
Giving the account of what really happened, Obasanjo described the photo news in circulation, which claimed that he was spotted at a political party event as mischievous, “as a responsible journalist ought to have gone further to ascertain his actual destination among the number of venues at the centre and not taking photograph of his alighting from his vehicle to read another meaning.”
Obasanjo also explained as shocking that the picture was actually taken while on his way out of the Centre after the programme he had attended was over.
“This is height of irresponsible journalism, which the former President is calling for its investigation and sanction on anybody involved in order to serve as deterrent to others who may want to be used either by omission or commission to misinform the public on such a sensitive issue.”

- Attend Professional Blogging And Mobile Money Training This Saturday And Get Your Own Blog FREE
- Get your own premium blog like www.obeens.blogspot.com for N10,000 or www.philipobin.com for N50,000 in 24hrs. WhatsApp/Text/Call 08027196002
- 1,000 candidates wanted for immediate employment. Min of SSCE; up to N100,000 monthly salary.
- Buy instant airtime (MTN, Glo Etisalat, Airtime, Visafone) with up to 14% bonus
- Send Bulk SMS at N1.00; instant delivery, get free phone numbers to send messages to, too
- Join Club080.com - a reward programme paying members N1,000 - N40,000 daily
- Get Recharge Card Printing And Bill Payment Machine
- GloXchange.com: How to become mobile money agent and earn up to N605,750 monthly
- Join 9icefaces.com - only social network that pays you for each follower/friend
- THE SENATOR: An apt summary of the nation called Nigeria by Tai Emeka Obasi
- How to earn N10,000,000.00 from Lekki Sands - guaranteed
- Get up to 50 million Nigerian phone numbers (by states/LGs) for bulk SMS
- Want your own adverts or articles on our blog like these ones? Call 08027196002 or email ceo@potechng.com

Comments
Post a Comment